Email MeLamya A. Forghany Esq.
I am no stranger to hard work. During my college years, I was a volunteer EMT. During law school I taught CPR for the American Red Cross, and also was a computer repair technician. Now during my short career as an attorney, I have had numerous cases involving Bankruptcy, Family Law and Divorce, Child Custody, and Criminal Defense.
I was raised by a single mother. I learned about compassion and kindness through what others showed my mother and I. Karma is a funny thing. It’s now my turn to give.
My strengths are organization and communication. A client will always receive a return phone call, even if it is just to say “I got your message, and wanted to call you back.”
I am a history buff. I love the history of the United States, Civil War, anything to do with the Constitution. I also am a technology nerd, and love to test out the latest technologies. I am a huge Sheryl Crow fan as well, and love to go to concerts.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Commercial & Consumer Bankruptcy
- 50% Foreclosure Defense
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 2008
- Massachusetts, 2009
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Connecticut
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Massachusetts
- Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2006
- Alfred University, Alfred, New York
- B.S. - 2003
- Major: Business Administration
- Minor: Minor Management Information Systems
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NACBA, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Merrimack Valley Legal Services, 2012 - 2013
- Short Sales/Realty = "All Season's Realty LLC"